Last updated: July 10, 2018 @ 11:00 EST
What Do You Need To Play FOMO 3D?
BEFORE you can participate in FOMO 3D, you must have Metamask installed on your computer and/or the TrustWallet installed on your mobile device (IOS or Android).
See video tutorials below that walk you through the installation of Metamask and the TrustWallet. Once these are set up, you are ready to play FOMO 3D.
How To Install Metamask
Metamask an Ethereum wallet web browser plugin that allows users to easily make Ethereum transactions. Once the Metamask wallet is funded/loaded with your Etherum, you are ready to participate in 100s of Ethereum-based Apps.
Link to download Metamask. HERE
Creating A Coinbase Account
Now that you have Metamask installed, you want to fund it with Ethereum so that you can buy your FOMO3D keys and play the game. (You could also use that Ethereum to also buy P3D tokens if you wish. See my PowH3D tutorials HERE).
I recommend using Coinbase to purchase Ethereum to fund your Metamask wallet. Metamask makes it easy to purchase Ethereum from Coinbase right from within it.
Before you can do that, you will need a Coinbase account set up and linked to your bank account or debit/credit card.
Below are tutorials that deal with Coinbase. The first tutorial walks you through the entire Coinbase account creation (this video comes from my Cryptocurrency course).
The second tutorial walks you through sending Ethereum from your Coinbase account to your Metamask wallet.
Get Your Coinbase Account HERE
Funding Your Metamask Wallet
Now that you have created your Coinbase account and linked a debit, credit, or bank account (or all of them) to your Coinbase account, you are now ready to purchase Ethereum and have it sent to your Metamask wallet.
The process is simple. From within the Metamask wallet, you will …
- Buy Ethereum via Coinbase.
- Ethereum automatically sent to your Metamask wallet.
The tutorial below shows you exactly how it is done. Once you have Ethereum in your Metamask wallet, you can buy FOMO3D keys and start playing the game.
With ETH in your Metamask wallet, you are now ready to play FOMO3D. Playing is simple. You …
- Choose a team (Snek, Whale, Bull, or Bear)
- Buy your keys
- Reap rewards
Why and How To Reinvest Your Earnings
Here, I discuss why you might want to consider reinvesting your earnings. I also discuss how to do it. You will also find in this tutorial how to withdraw your earnings if you chose to do so.
Your earnings can be reinvested or withdrawn any time you wish.
The FOMO 3D WIKI
Here is an explanation of the FOMO 3D WIKI.
FOMO3D Game Modes
FOMO3D has two game modes: Long and Quick. NOTE: As of July 8, 2018, the FOMO3D Long-Mode was launched first. The Quick-Mode will be launched at a later date.
RULES COMMON TO BOTH GAME MODES
- The game is played in rounds.
- F3D keys are purchased directly from the contract.
- The game runs an internal timer that counts down to zero.
- When a key is purchased, the timer increments by a certain amount.
- The player who purchased that key is placed in the lead until someone else buys a key after him.
- Keys grant instant rewards (passive income) on all volume that flows through a round until the round ends.
- The keys gradually increase in price as the round progresses.
- All players are guaranteed a portion of the “Active Pot” for every key they own.
- The last player to have purchased at least one full key when the timer expires to zero receives 50% of the Active Pot!
- The rest of the pot is distributed to F3D players, P3D holders, community contributors, and carried over into the next round.
THE LONG GAME MODE
- A round can last days, weeks, or months.
- DOES NOT operate with an ICO phase at the beginning of a round.
- There is a 1 ETH maximum purchase limit per address until 100 ETH is in the contract.
- Key price scaling is slow and gradual; slightly increasing on each key purchase.
- Each key purchased ADDS 30 seconds to the round timer. The timer is hard-capped at 86,400 seconds (24 hours)
- Time is added to the timer per-key-purchased basis rounded down. Thus, 2.5 keys equal to 60 seconds.
- The first to the last key purchasers will experience very slight variations in the key price.
- A round is preceded by a one-hour grace period where key purchases are disabled.
THE QUICK GAME MODE
- A round can last hours or days.
- DOES operate with an ICO phase at the beginning of a round.
- All players will be able to buy keys for the same average price.
- Key price scaling is gradual but increases faster than the long mode. This keeps the game shorter.
- Each key purchased RESETS round timer back to 90 seconds.
- The first players to purchase keys has a noticeable advantage over late key purchasers.
In FOMO 3D, there are four major teams that players can associate themselves with. Every time you purchase an additional key, you can select one of these four teams. The team you select represents both how you want your key buy-in price split up as well as the pot distribution if you win the round once the timer runs out. In particular, each team is explained below:
- Wisdom 78%
- Will 60%
- Just 40%
- Sneak 37%
- Greed 35%
- Faith 25%
- Pride 10%
Snek (Snek) If you choose this guy, your key buy-in price will have a larger share distributed to P3D holders and somewhat less given to F3D (FOMO 3D) players. After a round ends, a larger portion of the pot is distributed to P3D holders as dividends. Sneks push for distributing more of the pot as dividends to other players and to P3D holders and less to the winning player.
Feed on the Greed of Others
- Greed 75%
- Will 65%
- Pride 45%
- Wisdom 30%
- Just 18%
- Faith 7%
- Wrath 0%
Whale (Whale) If you choose this aquatic beast, your key buy-in price will have a much larger share distributed directly to the ETH pot and less split to F3D (FOMO 3D) players or P3D holders. After a round ends, a larger portion of the pot is held for the next round and less given as dividends to players and holders. Whales push for keeping more of the ETH around in the game for future rounds.
Break Upwards. Never Stagnate.
- Luck 75%
- Greed 65%
- Pride 50%
- Will 35%
- Just 28%
- Faith 7%
- Wrath 0%
Bull (Bull) If you choose this strong and aggressive land beast, after a round ends, a larger portion of the pot is distributed to F3D (FOMO 3D) players as dividends rather than to P3D token holders. Bulls push for distributing more of the pot as dividends to other players and a smaller amount to P3D holders than Sneks. Bulls are the most aggressive and competitive players.
Stand Alone. Fight Alone.
- Wrath 73%
- Greed 67%
- Firestarting 45%
- Just 33%
- Will 15%
- Faith 0%
- Luck 0%
Bear (Bear) If you choose this sleepy burly beastie, your key buy-in price does not go to P3D token holders. Rather, a larger share is distributed to F3D (FOMO 3D) players. After a round ends, none of the pot will be distributed to P3D holders as dividends. Bears push for distributing dividends to other FOMO 3D players and to the winner rather than to P3D token holders.
Here Are Few Ways to Decide Which Team You Want to Pick at any Given Point When Purchasing Keys
*** Keep in mind that you are free to select a different team each time you purchase a new key. Once the exact numbers have been finalized, we will also include the specific percentages for the pot split based on the selection of each team.
During the round, the team you select determines how ETH is divvied up in the game.
|Team||Pot||F3D Players||P3D Holders|
NOTE: This table distributes the majority of the incoming ETH from keys bought. The remaining ETH is always distributed: 10% to player’s referrer, 1% to pot swap, 1% to airdrop side-pot.
As explained above, at the end of each round, the ETH pot labeled as “Active Pot” is distributed between many parties. The exact pot distribution breakdown is always as follows:
- Two percent (2%) of the Ethereum in the pot is placed in a “community” bank fund which pays out great community members (I am assuming contributors who make the game possible). This fund is dynamic and new community members can be added anytime.
- Forty-eight percent (48%) of the active pot goes directly to the winner of the round (holder of the last private key).
An Example (Assuming the Active Pot is $100,000 (222 ETH) and 1 ETH = $450))
- Two percent (2%), which is 4.44 ETH or $1998 of the pot is placed in a “community” bank fund which pays out great community members (I am assuming contributors who make the game possible).
- Forty-eight percent (48%), which is 106.56 ETH or $47,952 of the pot goes directly to the winner of the round (holder of the last private key)
Where Does The Other 50% in the Pot Go?
|Team||Carried Over To The Next Round||To F3D Players||To P3D Holders|
P3D Holder Benefits
FOMO3D directly benefits all P3D holders by paying out dividends to all holders each time a key is purchased and also every time that a round ends (unless Team Bear wins). The amount of the total pot that is paid out as dividends is determined by the team that wins. If you’d like to maximize the dividends to P3D holders, then you would want to play on Team Snek.
To benefit as others play FOMO3D, you just need to be holding P3D tokens:
- Purchase P3D tokens, the higher the share of tokens you hold, the more dividends you earn.
- Each time a new key is purchased, all P3D holders receive a portion of the sale as dividends.
- At the end of every round, all P3D holders also receive a portion of the pot as dividends proportionate to the percentage of P3D tokens held.
Referrals and Vanity
The FOMO3D referral system is called the “Advisory Board”. To join the advisory board, click the “Vanity Name” link at the top and then pick a nickname for yourself. Joining the board costs 0.01ETH which is contributed to the “community fund” and distributed to developers and community staff.
This name will show up on the leaderboard, and at the top if you are the current holder of the private keys. Your vanity name is also included in the referral URL you share with others. Your names, your player ID and your wallet address will all work for referrals (i.e https://exitscam.me/<id/address/name>).
Once you are an advisor, you can copy your referral link from the “Vanity and Referrals Tab” and share that with friends or members from other discords. You will earn 10% of all the ETH put into the game by anyone that joins F3D through your link. This referral fee is paid to you for everyone you refer for all of their buys and reinvests. And this is all at no cost to them.
In F3D, referral links used by players are stored within the smart contract itself meaning that you will receive the referral fee for buys from all players you referred even across browsers or different computers ensuring that those marketing the game can receive substantial residual income over time from players. Essentially, FOMO3D referrals are super-sticky. You will continue to receive referral rewards from someone up until the point they purchase using someone else’s referral link.
In the event that a player purchases keys without using a referral code and has never used a referral code previously, then that referral fee is instead paid as dividends to P3D holders!
When purchasing keys in the “Purchase” tab, you’ll notice some text alerting you to the chance of an “airdrop”. For example, the text might read: “5% chance to receive a 1 ETH Airdrop with your next purchase!”
1% of all incoming ETH goes into an airdrop side-pot. Each time you purchase keys, you have a % chance of receiving a portion of the airdrop side-pot ETH siphoned directly into your vault. The chance of receiving an airdrop starts at 0% and increases by 0.1% for every key purchased over 0.01 ETH.
(Note, if you win an airdrop you are receiving ETH directly to your vault, and not extra keys).
Once your purchase transaction completes on the blockchain, you’ll be alerted if the airdrop multiplier was successful on your purchase. If you win an airdrop, the amount of the airdrop-pot you get depends on how much ETH you risked to win the airdrop chance:
- Purchase 0.1-1 ETH, and airdrop wins you 25% of the airdrop side-pot
- Purchase 1-10 ETH, and airdrop wins you 50% of the airdrop side-pot
- Purchase 10+ ETH, and airdrop wins you 75% of the airdrop side-pot
Each separate purchase of at least 0.1 ETH increases the percent chance that you will receive the airdrop multiplier on your next purchase. However, be aware that you are competing with other players to receive these airdrops. Once any player receives the airdrop, the chance for everyone resets!
Fomo3D uses several terms in a humorous sense as part of the game. Let’s define those terms now to reduce confusion:
- Private keys – These are the “tickets” you purchase during the game. Each key you buy puts you into the lead until someone else buys a key. The more keys you have, the larger the share of the pot you receive when the round ends. Note these are not real private keys. Think of them as tickets during the round.
- Airdrop – This is the chance to bag some free ETH distributed directly to you! Every time you buy a key, you have a chance of receiving the “airdrop”, which is a proportion of the airdrop pot which grows steadily during each round.
- Exit scam – This is the end of the round after the timer reaches zero when the ETH pot is distributed between the winner, F3D players and P3D holders. The “exit scam” is the pot being paid out to all of the various parties.
- Advisory Board – This is the name for any player that has purchased a vanity name and has a referral link they can share with people earning them 10% on all keys purchased by those they have referred.
F3D leverages a “big red button” which allows a percentage of incoming funds to the contract to be distributed to P3D holders as dividends. These funds sent to P3D are then disbursed by activating the bridge contract (through a button).
This contract is what we refer to in the P3D ecosphere as a bridge. This acts as a way to add external dividends to P3D from any other Dapps. If you are a Dapp developer and would like access to the massive marketing power of the P3D community, talk to @inventor on Discord about access to an SDK and more information about integrating this into your Dapp.
Don’t forget that the P3D community is the largest and most powerful group of marketers in the Dapp community. The biggest strength of integrating the big red button into your Dapps is that by providing a tiny portion of divs to P3D holders, you are now able to get the support of the P3D community for your Dapp and they’ll happily advertise for you.